But By Every Word

"But He answered and said, 'It is written, 'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE, BUT BY EVERY WORD THAT PRODEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.' "

Name:
Location: United States

Even though I never wanted a blogger account, and don't know how much I'll actually blog, I've come to realize that if I want to be a participating member of the internet community it's a necessity. So this blog will be mostly devoted to comments on the Word of God, the Bible. Why? Because there came a day when I realized and believed that God exists, that He is righteous and just, and that His love for mankind (His creation) moved Him to do something amazing. Sin is a reality that caused me to be without God and without hope in this world. I could not do anything about it. He has reconciled me (not only me but anyone who believes) to Himself through the sacrifice of His only begotten - as opposed to created - Son, Jesus Christ. I learned this from the Bible. "And so we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts." (2 Peter 1:19) I'm paying close attention. And now, let my blogging adventure begin...

Monday, March 05, 2007

Taking Up Our Cross And Following Him

"And He was saying to them all, 'If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whoever wishes to save his life, shall lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it. For what is a man profited if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits himself? For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, of Him will the Son of Man be ashamed when He comes in His glory, and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.' " (Luke 9:23-25 NASB)

What does it mean to take up our cross and follow Him? It means living by kingdom principles.

According to Pastor Rob and others it looks like this:

1. Giving when I feel like keeping.
2. Praying for others when I need to be prayed for.
3. Feeding others when my own soul is hungry.
4. Living truth before others when I can't see the result.
5. Hurting with another when my own hurt cannot be spoken.
6. Keeping my word when it's not convenient.
7. Being faithful when my flesh wants to run away.
8. Seeking to understand rather than to be understood.
9. Loving while being hated.
10. Taking heed to my own inner life when instructing and encouraging others.
11. Giving advice for other's benefit not my own.
12. Keeping quiet when speaking up would hurt another seemingly to my benefit.
13. Giving grace, love and patience in the face of another's weakness and failure.
14. Listening when I just want to cover my ears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home