But By Every Word

"But He answered and said, 'It is written, 'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE, BUT BY EVERY WORD THAT PRODEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.' "

Name:
Location: United States

Even though I never wanted a blogger account, and don't know how much I'll actually blog, I've come to realize that if I want to be a participating member of the internet community it's a necessity. So this blog will be mostly devoted to comments on the Word of God, the Bible. Why? Because there came a day when I realized and believed that God exists, that He is righteous and just, and that His love for mankind (His creation) moved Him to do something amazing. Sin is a reality that caused me to be without God and without hope in this world. I could not do anything about it. He has reconciled me (not only me but anyone who believes) to Himself through the sacrifice of His only begotten - as opposed to created - Son, Jesus Christ. I learned this from the Bible. "And so we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts." (2 Peter 1:19) I'm paying close attention. And now, let my blogging adventure begin...

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Ralph M. Licciardi Memorial 2006





RALPH M. LICCIARDI
7/29/1971 - 9/11/2001
Husband
Father
Son
Brother
Co-Worker
American
Italian
Catholic
Electrician
Drummer
Pizza Man
Knicks and Jets Fan
Exceptional Handball Player
Doritos
Diet Pepsi
Big Macs
Chicken McNuggets
Spaghettios
Dumb and Dumber
Trusted to Troubleshoot Car/Computer
Ralph Licciardi was an innocent victim and, though not a perfect man,was an every day kind of hero. The kind of hero who worked hard every day to see that his dreams came true. The kind who went to work every day to support his wife, Jennifer, and sons, Ralph and Michael. He was the kind of hero who played with his boys when he got home from work; who said "I love you" to his wife on a regular and frequent basis. The kind of hero who maintained a loving relationship with his parents, his brother and his sister and their families; spending every Sunday together "feasting" at his parent's home. He was the kind of hero who was a trusted and faithful friend. Ralph Licciardi was the kind of every day hero whose compassion for others could always be counted on to move him to make this earth a better place for his having been here.
"He was a handsome son-of-a-gun...and very much a family oriented person."
"We weren't just brothers, we were best friends."
"Like most brothers, we laughed a lot...fought a lot. But in the end, we were always there for each other."
"He was simple, sincere, truthful and kind."
"I admired his childlike simplicity, his integrity and most of all his kind and forgiving temper."
"He lived a life that was outwardly simple but inwardly rich."
"Anyone who ever worked with Ralph will attest to how kind, generous and unpretentious he was."
"Always smiling and joking, a real pleasure to be in his company."
"A talented hard worker."
"Questions? Ask Ralph!"
"Ralph's memory will be with us forever, and forever will he make us smile."

5 Comments:

Blogger web_loafer said...

wiser_now,

I am meeting a lot of great people. Bloggers who are taking the time to quit the me, me, and more me thing, and give tribute to someone else. What a great bunch of bloggers the 2,996 project brought together. I am commenting on all the blogs that are already up, even before monday.
Your blog tribute makes us all aware of the human side of the tragedy. Oh we've seen hundreds of blogs with a list of the names, this is more, it is a tribute, one by one of innocent victims who should be remembered for more than a name on a long list.
Great tribute, and catch you around.
RALPH M. LICCIARDI will be remembered this time, and forever. To think of all the families torn apart with an act of terror unlike no other.
thanks for your effort.

6:41 PM  
Blogger T-girl said...

Great tribute!

1:12 AM  
Blogger Myra Langerhas said...

Great tribute wiser. I am fortunate to say that I knew and worked with Ralph many years ago at a fruit and vegetable market in NY. He was the youngest worker there so we always gave him the worst jobs - getting carts, taking out the garbage, etc. One strange thing I remember about him was a leather coat he had. It must have been a hand me down because it was way too big for him. He would walk around with that coat with its sleeves covering his hands. It is strange the memories you have of people. But I also remember he was a kind and polite kid with a big heart. My life is better because I knew him, even if for a short time. Thank you for helping to keep his memory alive.

There is also a site dedicated to him at http://www.ralphlicciardi.com/. I have corresponded with his brother Anthony who also worked with us.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Smooth said...

What a moving tribute, wiser_now. His loved ones would be proud to read what you have written.

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you all.. I am Ralph's brother Anthony. As I write this there are others out there with similar tragedies halfway around the globe in Mumbai dealing with terrorrist attacks. I can only say I don't envy what those grieving family members are going through right now and especially in the the months to come. Thanks again for all your kind thoughts and for putting this together. My brother would wholeheartedly appreciate this.

Anthony

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home