But By Every Word

"But He answered and said, 'It is written, 'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE, BUT BY EVERY WORD THAT PRODEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.' "

Name:
Location: United States

Even though I never wanted a blogger account, and don't know how much I'll actually blog, I've come to realize that if I want to be a participating member of the internet community it's a necessity. So this blog will be mostly devoted to comments on the Word of God, the Bible. Why? Because there came a day when I realized and believed that God exists, that He is righteous and just, and that His love for mankind (His creation) moved Him to do something amazing. Sin is a reality that caused me to be without God and without hope in this world. I could not do anything about it. He has reconciled me (not only me but anyone who believes) to Himself through the sacrifice of His only begotten - as opposed to created - Son, Jesus Christ. I learned this from the Bible. "And so we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts." (2 Peter 1:19) I'm paying close attention. And now, let my blogging adventure begin...

Friday, October 06, 2006

The Existence of God

I believe God exists. I believe because of the evidence I can see.

The human body is, for me, evidence of the existence of God. For me to believe our bodies just evolved to be the complex machines they are takes more faith than to believe they were designed. That a woman's breast redesigns itself into a milk factory complete with straw and then back to "regular" breast tissue when the milk is no longer needed is mind-blowing. DNA, six feet (!) of info tightly coiled into a double helix in every one of our body's 100,000,000,000,000 cells...the language of life...Someone designed that language and put it where it is. If you can't explain where that information came from, how can you explain life? Everything about our bodies is amazing, startling, incredible, when one stops to think about it. Of course, we rarely stop to think about it unless something goes terribly wrong. Yet everyday our bodies exhibit the wonders, the marvels of life. Bones, muscles, skin. Eyes, ears, tongue. Arms, legs, fingers, toes. Heart, lungs, stomach. Every cell doing its thing, day in and day out, contributing to the amazing whole. With no direction from a designer? I don't think so!

The earth itself. Hanging in space in the exact location, at the exact tilt, at the exact speed, etc. that sustains life. Just the right combination of elements in the right formulation that sustains life. Hmm, Who knew what elements to design and what beings to design to go with them? Finely tuned, exactly coordinated processes that keep our planet going day in and day out. Physical laws govern the universe. Someone designed those laws and put those laws in place.

John O'Keefe, an honored astronomer and pioneer in space research had this to say in an article entitled "The Theological Impact of the New Cosmology", "We are, by astronomical standards, a pampered, cossetted, cherished group of creatures; our Darwinian claim to have done it all ourselves is as ridiculous and as charming as a baby's brave efforts to stand on its own feet and refuse his mother's hand. If the universe had not been made with the most exacting precision we could never have come into existence. It is my view that these circumstances indicate the universe was created for man to live in."

I could go on...the brain, mind and consciousness, intelligence, will, biology, biochemistry, cosmology, astronomy...

For me, the evidence is all there. What I can see is evidence for what I can't see...God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home